1. How are my sewer charges determined?
    Your monthly sewer bill is based on your water consumption. The District obtains consumption readings from WV American Water and applies the sewer rate approved by the WV Public Service Commission. Union PSD’s current approved tariff can be viewed here.
  2. What is the security deposit?
    The security deposit is to secure the payment of sewer service rates and charges and is required to be paid by all new sewer customers. After a customer, who is not a tenant, has paid their sewer bill for twelve (12) consecutive months without a delinquency, the District will refund the deposit plus interest. If the customer is a tenant, the security deposit plus interest is refunded when the customer discontinues service with the District. If an unpaid account balance exists at the time the security deposit is payable to the customer, the security deposit plus interest will be applied to the customer’s unpaid account balance.
  3. What should I do if my water has been terminated for non-payment of sewer charges?
    Call Union PSD’s office at 304-776-3131, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
  4. Why is my sewer bill so high?
    Your sewer bill is based on the amount of water used during the billing cycle. If you feel that your water consumption is high, call WV American Water at 1-800-685-8660.
  5. I have just bought/rented a new property and I need to transfer the sewer service into my name.  What do I need to do?
    You must first call WV American Water at 1-800-685-8660 to establish water service in your name and obtain an account number. Next, you will have to complete the sewer application, provide a copy of your photo id, and pay a security deposit. The application must be returned to Union PSD’s office at 5110 Washington St. W., Cross Lanes, WV  25313.
  6. How do I pay my security deposit?
    The security deposit can be paid with cash or a check or money order made payable to Union PSD. The District is unable to accept electronic payments for security deposits at this time.
  7. What forms of payment are accepted for my monthly sewer bill?
    You may pay your bill by mailing a check or money order, using a credit or debit card on our website or by cash, check or money order at our office.
  8. What if I did not receive my bill in the mail?
    Call our office if you did not receive your monthly bill. You are responsible for paying the bill whether it is received or not.
  9. Who should I contact if I need to have the sewer line located prior to digging a ditch, post hole, planting a tree, etc.?  Always contact Miss Utility of WV before you dig by calling 811 or 1-800-245-4848. You can also visit www.wv811.com.
  10. What is Union PSD’s service responsibility?
    Union PSD is responsible for public sewer mains, most of which are located in the public right of ways and easements.  We are NOT responsible for storm sewers or drains.
  11. What is the property owners’ responsibility?
    The property owner is responsible for all inside plumbing and the outside customer service line to the edge of the property or where the service line connects to the sewer main.
  12. What should I do if I notice an alarm light on at one of Union PSD’s lift stations?
    Please call the Union PSD’s sewer emergency number 24 hours/day, 7 days/week at 304-776-3139.